At Rudolph and Sletten we understand that time is money. That is why we employ highly skilled preconstruction team members and the most innovative technology. The combination of these two factors improves the speed, efficiency and accuracy of our preconstruction services offering you the “best value”.
Real-time Estimating and Cost Monitoring
Because timing is crucial, we treat real-time information as a priority. Our estimators are immediately capable of performing updates without delaying the decision process. Our software system uses detailed project database applications to integrate important information from every project, so that vital information can be communicated to the design team and clients in hours rather than days.
The use of estimating software allows us to create a dynamic work space where scheduling and estimating can be integrated into BIM models. This combination of information provides highly accurate, real-time earned value reporting.
Our Estimating Department provides the following services during Preconstruction:
- Detailed Milestone Cost Estimates at all design phases
- Reconciling Estimates to Independent Cost Consultants
- Continuous Cost Estimating (rolling estimates)
- In-house MEP Estimating
- Value Analysis Cost Studies of multiple design options (using A3, CBA, SBD)
- Target Value Design Cost Estimating
- Bench Mark Studies to similar projects
- Life Cycle Cost Analyses (ROI studies)
- LEED Credit Evaluations
- Constructability Reviews of design drawings & specifications
- Overall Preconstruction & Construction Schedule Development
- Site Logistics Development
- Prequalification of Subcontractors & Diversity Outreach
- Design/Build MEP Subcontractor Procurement
- Complete subcontractor buy out process/GMP Development
- BIM Services and VDC Modeling
- Laser scanning of existing building structures
- Our success relies on our relationships with the superior subcontractors that we are fortunate to work with. Our goal is to maintain a comprehensive list of subcontractors that share in Rudolph and Sletten’s standards of ethics, high quality, and safety.
- Request to be on our list of subcontractors
- List of currently bidding public projects
- Subcontractor Outreach Events
We’re builders. One thing we have learned over the past 5 decades is that planning is paramount. Before we start, we review every aspect of what we are going to do, and exactly how we are going to do it. Using innovative technology such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) during all phases of a project especially during schedule development, we can help eliminate obstacles that might hinder a project from reaching the desired finish date.
Through early collaboration with owners, designers, and engineers, we can create the most streamlined schedule possible. Rudolph and Sletten has some of the most capable and respected veteran builders in the construction industry who understand the intricacies of developing a complex, multi-phased project schedule, utilizing state-of-the-art schedule software.
We meet with entire project team, owner and designer, every week to review milestones, metrics relative to construction performance, and budget reviews. We believe in superior communication at all levels – this is the key to a successful project. When all parties are exchanging information and ideas in an efficient and effective manner, we can accomplish anything.
Budget management at the field level is a continuous loop process where we are constantly track cost vs. budget. Using multiple internal tracking systems to ensure accuracy, we minimize and eliminate budget increases.
Being the builders that we are, we believe it’s important to self-perform traditional general contractor work such as soft demolition, structural excavation, concrete formwork, placing and finishing of concrete, rough carpentry work and door/frame/hardware installations. Performing this work with our own full-time employees guarantees higher quality, greater schedule control, and cost savings to the client.
Let our experience be your experience. Through our lessons learned program, experience from one job moves to the next. Our employees learn from one another through real world examples. This constantly growing base of knowledge added to our 50 years of experience provides our clients with an all-encompassing know-how.
How We Build
- Innovative technologies
- Building Information Modeling
- On-site management
- Budget management
- Weekly meetings with project team
- Weekly safety meeting
- Lessons Learned program
- Multi-phased project schedule
- Disruption management
- Self-performed work
We have an established track record of providing our clients with outstanding construction management service, acting as your watchdog and advocate and ensuring that your project is executed with only the highest of standards.
Our experienced staff will work with you to choose the best delivery method for your job. All projects are different and we want to see your project succeed.
- CM Multi-Prime
- CM as Advisor
- CM as Agent
- CM as Constructor
- CM at Risk
Our reputation is cultivated from a shared purpose to innovate construction delivery methods to better serve our clients. Our in-house VDC team is comprised of personnel with backgrounds in architecture and engineering who believe in elevating the standard of building great structures together through modeling and innovation.
We offer comprehensive Virtual Design Construction and Building Information Modeling (BIM) solutions from design to construction and through operations and maintenance, including 3D modeling, 4D scheduling integration, 5D cost estimating, and facility management. These solutions allow for real-time communication, greater team engagement, predictive outcomes, and proactive procurement.
Lean construction represents a natural evolution of the principles and methods Rudolph and Sletten practices on every project.
Onslow Rudolph and Ken Sletten established the values of long-term collaborative relationships, quality, safety and excellence in problem solving as the foundation of the company. Today, we continue this legacy through the development of innovative solutions that combine the best of advanced technology with our tradition of fine craftsmanship. Our culture builds upon fundamental Lean principles as we continue to learn through our membership in the Lean Construction Institute, the University of California P2SL Forum and our internal training events.
Rudolph and Sletten applies Lean methods, BIM and Integrated Project Delivery approaches that create value for our customers.
- Last Planner™ planning
- Lessons Learned database
- Value Stream Mapping forums
- Process Pmprovement initiatives
- First Run studies
- Mistake Proofing quality measures
- Smartboard-enabled conference rooms
Rudolph and Sletten is committed to making a difference. It is within our power to build sustainable projects while maintaining costs comparable to traditional construction. It is our job and our pleasure to help our clients evaluate the benefits of green building and explore the long-term cost saving.
We have been a proactive participant in LEED projects and have provided the following services to assist clients with their sustainable construction projects:
- Detailed cost analysis of LEED points during construction
- Life cycle analysis of sustainable products and systems
- Payback studies for energy efficient building systems
- Expertise in the most current sustainable products
- Incorporating LEED requirements in to the instructions to Bidders
- Management of Construction Phase LEED Documentation
- Extensive in-house commissioning expertise & implementation of your commissioning plan
- Implementing indoor air quality procedures during construction
By taking advantage of the latest technology and sustainable building materials and methods your next facility can not only make less of an environmental impact, but will also result in lower construction costs and reduce ongoing energy consumption.
It is our belief that all accidents are preventable. At Rudolph and Sletten, our goal is to have no injuries. Zero is the only acceptable number. Our culture is built around this idea — all injuries are preventable. This is a concept that all Rudolph and Sletten employees believe is attainable.
Therefore, we work hard to maintain a safe work environment for all of our employees and subcontractors through leadership, planning, procedures, training, accountability and consistent interaction.
Our safety program is actively managed through corporate and regional safety action committees established in our four regions. The committees are comprised of members for all areas the company including operations, estimating, and safety. These committees continually work to make Rudolph and Sletten a safe place to work.
Our safety successes and challenges are communicated throughout our organization weekly, monthly and yearly. Mandatory safety meeting every month keeps safety a top of mind priority.
Running a safe jobsite is essential to the success of a project and in turn, our own success. A safe site means a well-organized project that stays on schedule and an environment where high quality standards can be met.
- Frequency rate below 5
- Severity rate equal zero
- CPR and first aid training for all employees
- Skin cancer prevention
- Continual safety improvements